Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cold Hands

Not sure u can tell from the photo, but that is one cold hand. Most people who know me knows that I positivily hate, hate being cold. After reading this blog the past few weeks u probabaly wouldn't think that, but I do. I would truly rather it be 100 degrees outside than 50 degrees. Most people know what being cold is like, but let me tell u, u aint felt cold till u ride a bike or in this case a scooter, bare handed at 70+ mph for over an hour in 45 degree temp with a windchill of 38..... Just so we are clear, IT WAS COLD.

So u ask, why ride in the cold? Ecspeially since u don't have too and it's only 5 miles from ur house to work? That is a very good question I am actually asking myself right now as I can barely get my thumbs moving to type this, so I will try to explain. I guess the only anwser is, I just plain Love riding, and if u ride, u understand, and if u don't, then u won't understand. As much as I hate the cold, my desire to ride far out weighs my desire to be warm :-D

And BTW: I have rode in 29 degrees down the interstate and know people who ride in much colder weather than I, but to my defence, I forgot my gloves and only had on a t-shirt and very light weight jacket, besides, I dont think anyone can hate being cold more than me.

No comments: