Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 11 - Road Trip 2011

We few month prior we had went to vegas,  yet I wasn't able to find the time to get down to the welcome sign,  so a special trip was in order.  This is early A.M. and people were everywhere, and no one seemed to be able to get organized to take turns snaping pictures.  Well, we didn't have time for all that, so I ran up in between them all, and had George snap a pic,  time to roll on.
 
 Hoover Dam
 We took the power plant tour
 Pretty neat
 See the bridge ?  That is a fairly new addition.  I had zero plans on crossing over that thing.  My plan was simple, go to dam, ride over dam and out the other side, avoiding that there bridge.  Georges' GPS is outdated, therefore he didn't have the new road.  So he is riding away, and somehow missed the sign that said exit now for hoover dam.  I almost took the exit, figuring he would have to turn around anyway and we'd meet up at the dam.  But I didn't,  I said, i'm not leaving my wing man....    I also thought there might be another exit to take before this god awful bridge.  There wasn't.   So over the bridge I go, to find out, you have to go back across the bridge to get to the damn dam.  Jeez......So we do the tour take pics etc etc.... Go to leave, figuring we could just go the old way.......Not a chance in hell as they have closed this road.  So for a 3rd time,  back over this ridiculous bridge. 
 Good news tho, heading for the bridge for a 3rd time, I look up and see the big horn sheep.  Well worth it, and i have better pics somewhere........

 Of course we hit Route 66
 Taking a break after getting my kicks on route 66
Heading for the Grandest Canyon of them all........  it was a let down i tell ya.......

No comments: