Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 12 - Road Trip 2011

 Good thing we got into this park on the National Park pass,  cos I would have not been happy about paying the high fees to see this park.  Maybe my opinion would be different had I been at the bottom, looking up, but from the top down,  yea, I wasn't impressed at all.  But, been there, done that. That's about all I can say.
I guess this is an ELK since they had signs everywhere saying, "this is elk country" It wasn't locked up, those fence are there to keep these animals out, not working to well I don't think
A Few shot of this "grand" canyon


 bla bla bla.......boring (below) some watch tower thing that woulda been neat i bet had it not been a gift shop.


On to the good stuff......and For me,  Utah blew away just about everything else... Simply Awesome

Not quite to Utah yet, but this is a Bridge next to the Glen Canyon Dam,  crossed that bitch twice
 Just some Proof of my crossing :-)   it's a big bridge, high I mean

This is just a few miles away from the Glen Canyon Bridge,  It's called Horeshoe Bend....  Besides the silly hike down to this spot,  WOW!    this was well worth the hike......  very cool deal here, a must stop.

On to Utah
 Below is where Forrest Gump quite Running in the movie....  This whole area is something else, never seen anything like these formation before.  This area for me was 1000 times better than the "grand" canyon.



(above)  These guys I met back at the Utah Sign, we took each others pics with the welcome sign

Hole 'n the Rock..... Only open 9am to 5pm  WTH ?  So we just went on by,  headed to Moab...  I'm sure it's a tourist trap, but I wanted to go inside.   End of day in spent in Moab.   Neat Town for the Adventurist.

No comments: