Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 16 - Road Trip 2011 Over





Arrival home around 5pm on day 16 of the Greatest Road Trip I've ever had.  I plotted, I planned,  I replanned and went and saw what this country had to offer.  Some spot were better than others.  Some surprised me, some didn't.

The prize was California and the Goal was to make it home safe,  so the trip was a huge success.

Thoughts?  Would I do it again.?   Oh hell yea....  would I change it?  only because of what I now know.

Final mileage ? 8165 miles
Trip Cost?  I have no plans on figuring that out. :-)  but not bad, I dare anyone to take a 16 day vacation for less.

Any regrets?  Not really,  I hate we missed a couple things, but that gives us a reason to take another road trip :-)  already in the works :-)

Next Trip?  Florida 2012 Bike week with a few other stops, George already is schedule to drive a train south of Tampa :-)

Any other trips?  of course.  2012 part 2:  Michigan-Wisconsin-Iowa and everything in between.

jeez! any others?  Of course 2013 another two weeker around the country, maybe even Canada

No comments: