Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 13 - Road Trip 2011

Arches National Park:  Much like the trek from Mexican Hat to Moab,  this place was one of the highlights for me.  These formation are just incredible.  I would trade 10 "grand" Canyons for Utah.
 








Enter Colorado.......  It was ok......big mountains and passes......bla bla bla......   Maybe in winter with snow would make it more worth seeing, but then, i wouldn't be here on a bike.



The Royal Gorge Bridge:   Something like 1000 feet high,  worlds highest bridge or something.  What stuck me odd here was the $15 just to see the bridge,  which, once we were told that included being able to ride across the bridge,  George was one happy camper.   Me?    I took a stroll across first,  just to see how I would handle this thing.  I wasn't doing so well, and the bridge you could feel moving beneath you.  Well, I told myself that this is probably the only time in my life, that I'll be here at this bridge with my motorcycle, and I just needed to Man my ass up and roll across or I would forever regret it.   So I did just that,  I put all my gear on,  told George to wait with the camera.  There is a 10mph limit on this bridge,  once I started on the bridge I pulled the throttle... Good thing there were no park police,  cos I flew over that thing.  And once you go over,  you guessed it, you gotta come back across.  I never looked over the edge.



not my pic, did a google image search and found it.







Headed to Colorado Springs..........Tomorrow Pikes Peak

No comments: