Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 14 - Road Trip 2011

Ok, say what you will, but we took the train up to the top.  For one, I couldn't possibly ride that road that goes to the top,  my fear of fall to my death from high elevations would keep me from that.  2nd, when we got to the COG Railway, it was 23 degrees up top.  When we arrived, it was 32, and with the windchill it felt like 9 degrees.   George woulda had no problems had it been a warmer day, but he is a train guy, so, no problems taking the train.  
Before this trip I had ever been above about 6k feet, and many times on this trip I was well above that, and now going up to 14k feet, it just did something to me, I felt funny after about 11k feet and didn't feel right till we were outta town.  This was an ok stop for me, nothing too special other than saying, been there done that.  Time to hit the road.
















i was not feeling well at all........

After Pikes Peak, it was time to roll,  I wanted a warmer route than a quicker route,  so we headed due south.  I liked New Mexico, I know I'll be back, there is a lot of old west stuff here I need to see.  But not this trip....

Love me sum Texas.......   One day, I shall live here.......

No comments: